Ramadan is one of the best times of the year

Ramadan is a time dedicated to reflection, restraint, generosity and unity, so it’s not surprise that it can bring out the best in people. While Ramadan draws families and friends together to share and reflect, for professionals across the MENA region, the spirit of Ramadan shifts from home to the workplace.

According to a new study by Bayt.com, the ‘Ramadan in the Middle East Workplace’ poll found that the majority of Middle Eastern professionals (86.8%) agree that Ramadan is one of their favourite times of the year.

Over half (53.7%) of the participants feel that they socialise more than usual with their colleagues during the holy season. In keeping with a heightened morale and a more sociable atmosphere at work, a slightly higher percentage (56.3%) of professionals believe that there is a considerable increase in their company’s charitable activity during Ramadan.

With a favourable workplace atmosphere during Ramadan, responses are fairly evenly split when it comes to holiday from work.

Majority (53.7%) of respondents say that they do not take time off during the fasting month and 46.3% say that they do at least intermittently. Likewise, just over half (56.9%) of respondents travel on the Eid break while the rest (43.1%) stay at home.

Additionally, more than eight in ten (81.1%) of workers feel that they see more family and friends during Ramadan and a slightly higher number (83.1%) believe that their lifestyle habits are healthier for the month. It’s evident that Ramadan has many positive effects, lifting people’s spirits and enabling their generosity .

Suhail Masri, Vice-President of Employer Solutions, Bayt.com said, “There are substantial changes in the Mena workplace during the month of Ramadan, and it is important for both employers, employees and job seekers to have a clear view of what to expect during this time. It is interesting that more than three in every five respondents believe that their morale is lifted during Ramadan, which is something employers can use to build employee loyalty, engagement, and retention”.

If you want to find out more about our Sharia compliant products, contact us today"

Category icon


News you might like

Media contact

Acuma’s Public Relations Department deals with all areas of the media and external communications including international, national, regional, local, trade, consumer, print, broadcast, social and online. The Department aims to provide a helpful service to journalists, broadcasters and editors, amongst others, and reply to all media enquiries, including urgent enquiries out of hours, within agreed deadlines. Our press office does not have access to client details and will not be able to assist with individual client enquiries. Please contact Head of Media and Public Relations for deVere Group on [email protected] or call +44 2071220925.