In a study done by HSBC, it was discovered that up to 60% of Residents in the UAE do not have enough saved up for their children’s education. Education in the UAE is very expensive to start off with, ask any parent looking to register their child for their first year at school.
Planning ahead financially, is important to ensure that your children will have the opportunity to study further. Starting an education plan for their future education is vital, but there are ways to save on current education costs.
- Shop around – don’t settle for the first school you find. Compare prices, facilities, and curricula.
- New schools often have discounts up to 30% - 13 new schools opened in Dubai alone last year, which makes the market very competitive. New schools often have enrolment fee reductions to attract parents.
- Get a school near your home – having a school near you home will cut on commuting time and costs. This is often a hidden expense that is not considered.
- Payment plans – some schools may offer a payment plan to spread out the school fees over a few payments instead of upfront lump sum payments. This could take the strain off your pocket.
- Sibling discounts 10-20% - ask about sibling discounts if you have two or more children. Many schools give discount for a second and third child.
- Online learning – e.g. Icademy middle east – some parents look for online schooling or e-learning as a replacement for a brick and mortar building as fees are considerably cheaper. Children can still share classrooms as if in a regular school. This option may not be for everyone and you need to do thorough research into whether it is suitable for your child’s educational needs. (gulfnews.com)
Your deVere Acuma adviser will help you set up an education savings plan so your children are able to get the best education possible. [email protected]
Please note, the above is for education purposes only and does not constitute advice. You should always contact your deVere Acuma adviser for a personal consultation.
* No liability can be accepted for any actions taken or refrained from being taken, as a result of reading the above.