Do you need to send money to your home country for Christmas?
This time of year, expats are sending more money home than they usually would, to cover all the extra costs of the festive season. Christmas is an expensive time for all. All the present shopping, extra food shopping and travel expenses to see family and friends. Even more so if you are an expat living abroad.
Don’t let high forex fees of traditional banks and foreign exchange houses ruin your festive season. The more you spend on forex fees, the less you have to send home.
deVere Foreign Exchange service can provide you with a simple, safe, and reliable way to save money when trading in all major world currencies by offering favourable foreign exchange rates, sound professional advice, as well as free international transfers.
• Exchange rates up to 5% better than those offered by major banks
• Forward contracts that let you to fix your exchange rate for future transactions (ideal if you are buying or selling currency for a property)
• Personalised guidance and rates monitoring – We do the work for you
• Transparency – no hidden fees
dVFX can help you save money on your currency exchange and international payments, including any of the following:
• Buying or selling a foreign property
• Bringing money into your country of residence
• Buying or selling products internationally
• Sending money overseas
Contact deVere Foreign exchange to discuss how they can help you save on fees or chat to your deVere adviser [email protected]
Please note, the above is for education purposes only and does not constitute advice. You should always contact your deVere adviser for a personal consultation.
* No liability can be accepted for any actions taken or refrained from being taken, as a result of reading the above.
Acuma’s Public Relations Department deals with all areas of the media and external communications including international, national, regional, local, trade, consumer, print, broadcast, social and online. The Department aims to provide a helpful service to journalists, broadcasters and editors, amongst others, and reply to all media enquiries, including urgent enquiries out of hours, within agreed deadlines. Our press office does not have access to client details and will not be able to assist with individual client enquiries. Please contact Head of Media and Public Relations for deVere Group on [email protected] or call +44 2071220925.